What are the objectives of HeFSSA?
- To define the extent of the problem of heart failure in South Africa.
- To facilitate a national plan of preventing and treating heart failure in South Africa.
- To promote research in all aspects of cardiovascular disease leading to heart failure with a special focus on conditions relevant to South Africans.
- To promote national and international collaborations among those involved in heart failure medicine and research.
- To promote the development of guidelines for the diagnosis and management of heart failure.
- To be a vibrant and energetic agency for people with heart failure in South Africa.
- To represent the interests of physicians and the industry in connection with the Medicines Control Council (MCC) and health care providers.